Friday, August 8, 2008

Doh! I didn't see this coming.

So...I went to the podiatrist yesterday because my ankle has been bothering me for about 5 months. I know, I know...I should have gone in sooner. After being poked, prodded, and x-rayed. The doc drops a bomb. I need surgery. Suddenly they are coming at me with a gigantic black walking cast. Whoa!!!

"I am going hiking in Colorado next week."

The doc looks at me sympathetically. I am downgraded to an ankle brace. (Which by the way seems to make my ankle hurt more).

Apparently I have some extra bone in my ankle and at some point I injured it and now I have bone rubbing on bone. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't mention that it is a birth defect/genetic defect). For some reason it hurts more now that I know what is wrong, I am sure it is all in my head. I have a CAT scan on the 22nd and I am getting a second opinion on the 25th.

:o( I want to be running, playing, hiking, working out, doing my footwork during pilates. Super Sad. My only hope is that I will be put back together in time for ski season.

No comments: