Monday, July 6, 2009

33 and Counting


This weekend was beautiful in North Idaho. The weather was gorgeous, though a little on the hot side. C came up here from Spokane. I think this was the first weekend in months that I have been home. It felt so good.


On Friday we put our kayaks in at city beach and paddled Sand Creek. It was hot hot hot.


We woke up on Saturday and spent some time working on my yard. Oh the joys of trying to put my house up for sale. I think I might be crazy for trying to sell. The thought of actually packing and moving is terrifying. Ughh... Anyways, C was a huge help. When the shade was gone making yard work miserable we decided to go for a hike down to Maiden Rock.


The hike to Maiden Rock was lovely. It was shaded by the trees. The only bad thing....the mosquitoes. I have counted 33 bites so far and I am sure there are more I am missing. I had the bug spray in my pack and then took it out...stupid, stupid, stupid. I am itching as I type this right now. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.


Kona loved the beach, we couldn't get her out of the water. Finally she started shivering and we knew it was time to go. The trail to Maiden Rock is downhill in and uphill back. Let's just say I am so out of shape!! How did I let myself get like this (again!). Here is the scene: I am huffing and puffing up the trail, smacking and cursing mosquitoes, while C occasionally smacks me because he sees a blood sucker getting its fill. Would I do it again? Absolutely! Oh....I forgot the mention the lovely rash on my chest from sunscreen.


On Sunday morning we finished my yard work. In the afternoon we kayaked the Pack River. We were on the river about 3 hours which was perfect. (Note to self: research a more comfortable kayak seat.) We had a lovely picnic along the way.


All in all, a fabulous weekend!

No comments: