Friday, December 29, 2006

Eeek!

This morning I come bounding down my stairs (okay, I'll be honest, I dragged myself down the stairs), looked out the window by my front door and there it was.....a dead frozen mouse......Eeek! Of course, I am just assuming he is frozen, I didn't actually touch him. I left the poor little guy out on the sidewalk hoping a bird or neighborhood dog will come buy and take care of the disposal for me.

Instances like these are when I think it would be nice to have a man in the household. Most men are great at pest disposal. For example....when I am at my parents house and I see a big spider I just put a drinking glass over it and wait for my father to get home. I have also used this technique on bees; it works like a charm. I think part of the reason I hate "disposing" of bugs is that it often involves killing the poor thing. I hate the sound of exoskeletons crunching or watching them try to swim in the toilet bowl.

Wish me luck tonight, hopefully my little mouse friend will be gone when I get home. With my luck, he will probably be frozen solid to the sidewalk and I will have to get my snow shovel to pry him free. Yuck!

No comments: