Thursday, December 28, 2006

Large Department Store that Starts with an S Sucks

After becoming frustrated while trying to buy a mattress for my spare room I wrote the following letter to a certain particular department store that I will now never shop at again:

November 30, 2006

@$%&! National Customer Relations
3333 Beverly Rd.
Hoffman Estates, IL. 60179


To Whom it May Concern,

On November 9th I placed an order online (order #: XXXXXXXXX) for a sales mattress. I intended to use this mattress in my spare room for holiday guests. The day before my scheduled delivery I received a call confirming my delivery date (November 30), and I called the hot line to get my delivery time window as instructed. The morning of my delivery I received a call saying that my mattress was not in stock. I can’t imagine that you didn’t know this before my deliver date. I was told that the mattress would be available December 28th. This date was too late to meet my needs. I was also told that a representative from the store would be calling me.

I never received a call from the store. So I wrote an email to customer service. I received an email back telling me to go visit a store or call the support number. I called the support number and was hung up on when someone tried to answer. Then I called back and was disconnected during a transfer. I called back yet again and was told that you would wave the shipping if I were to order another mattress. I was told that I could not get a mattress for anything less than $499. While I was on this call I was looking at your website and saw a mattress on sale for $259. I do not know why this mattress was not offered to me. To be honest by this point I didn’t want anything to do with a company that is so incompetent.

I think it is important to note that you are still selling the mattress that I ordered originally on your website and that you are still saying that it is in stock for my zip code. Are you going to continue to bait customers with this item and then not deliver?

Regrettably my family and I (and anyone I can tell) will no longer be shopping at #$%&!.


Regards,

Sara O

FYI...I ended up buying a mattress from a little local company and it was delivered within three days.

1 comment:

MexiManda said...

OMG - you crack me up. I am your new biggest fan. I´m putting your link on my blog because it is HILARIOUS. Thanks for keeping me in the loop on the goings on in Northern Idaho. I really wouldn´t be complete without it. LOL - Feliz Navidad and happy new year!