Friday, March 9, 2007

What Do I Do With My Christmas Tree?

I hate to admit it, but I still haven't properly disposed of my Christmas tree. For the last few months I have stuck it in the snow back that I created from shoveling my driveway. For a while I was able to fool myself into thinking that is was a nice addition to my landscaping and that no one would notice that the tree wasn't actually alive.
Fast forward to our recent spring thaw. The tree is dropping needles like crazy and starting to turn brown. And, my snow bank has melted so much that it no longer holds the tree upright. I currently have a dead, half brown Christmas tree laying in my front yard. What do city folks do with Christmas trees when the season is over? Growing up we would just return the tree to nature somewhere on our five acres, or we would burn it in a bonfire. I don't think that a bonfire would go over too well with my neighbors, and so far the returning to nature thing isn't working out so well. Any ideas?

No comments: