Monday, June 25, 2007

Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back




I am so sick of painting. I can't wait until it is all done. This weekend I had the fascia and soffit replaced on the house and it already looks so much better. I also took some mirrors that were glued to a wall (80's style) off and in doing so ripped off some drywall paper. (Under the mirrors was some lovely pink sponge paint- see picture above). Now I have to patch the holes and re-texture. Fun stuff. Mom and I were painting the walls with the trim on, then we decided it would be easier to paint if we took the trim off, so I ended up pulling all the trim off. I can't wait for things to start coming together.

I am going to NY for R's 30th birthday. I am leaving Wednesday morning and getting back on Sunday. I can tell that my dad is upset about this because he keeps whispering to my mom and talking under his breath. He thinks I should stay and work on the house. He is probably right given the extremely tight deadline we are under. But, after dating someone for over 7 years you kind of want to be there for their birthday (esp. when he was here for mine, and asked that I come as his gift). My fear is that dad will keep working on the house and then resent that I wasn't there to help. What should I do? I can't win no matter what I do.

No comments: