Monday, April 20, 2009

Christmas in the Spring



























This weekend was fabulous! C and I did the Evan's Landing hike. The weather was perfect. The air smelled so fresh, like a Christmas tree. We did encounter a little bit of snow, but other than that it was a perfect hike. Kona and Kodi were with us and they enjoyed the water when we got down to the lake. I know I shouldn't let Kona swim since the water is so cold, but there is no stopping her. C and I sat by the shore of Lake Pend Orielle and soaked in the sun and each others company.






On Sunday we went mountain biking in Farragut state park. I probably won't be winning any mountain bike competitions anytime soon, but I still had fun. I only got a small pedal scrape on the back of my calf which isn't bad for my first time out in years. Of course I tried to take us somewhere that was too difficult for my skill level, are you surprised? C carefully suggested that maybe I wasn't ready for the trail we were on. He was right, but still I hate sucking at stuff.






All in all it was a perfect weekend. Next weekend we are off to Fairmont with my parents. And then...the countdown to Ireland begins.

No comments: