Friday, July 11, 2008

Broken Rant

Sometimes things can get a little overwhelming as a single gal that owns a home. This has especially been the case lately. Why is it when funds are low that everything seems to break and they are never small ticket items either. Not to mention the list of things to get done never seems to get any shorter.

Broken things:
  • my computer died- good thing I just moved all my itunes to an external hard drive
  • my lawn mower won't start- I just spend $70 to have it fixed (the guy said there was nothing wrong so I am not sure why that cost $70). I am sure it has something to do with the little red button I am suppose to push 5 to 10 times to get it started. No doubt I flooded the damn thing. How am I suppose to get it un-flooded.
  • my light on my living room fan won't turn on anymore
  • the secondary soap dispenser in my dish washer won't close anymore- probably has something to do with the piece of plastic that broke off. I still fill it up thought, more soap can't be a bad thing, right?
  • the ice maker connection for my freezer that taps into my guest bathroom cold water line leaks, so I have had the cold water turned off on that sink for 8 months of so
  • the maintenance light is on in my car, but it seems to be okay (I just drove it to Banff and back) so I am going to act like nothing is wrong. I am hoping it is a 50,000 mile maintenance reminder.

Things to get done:

  • create a patio- I have all the pavers, just need to order sand, gravel and rent compactor. $$$
  • redo my bathroom shower- it isn't actually connected to the drain, right now it is a great storage area for my lotions and jewelry. $$$
  • gravel driveway- right now it is a mess of weeds. $$$
  • have my kitchen lights installed that have been sitting in my garage
  • take ugly sheds to the dump- the wind tore off the door on one of the sheds last night so now I have a little less demoing to do
  • weed and feed lawn
  • put mulch on flowerbeds. $
  • create paver pathway around house (see first bullet)
  • spray for spiders
  • shampoo carpets
  • figure out how to put the kayak rack on my car so that I can use my kayak
  • CLEAN HOUSE!!!

So...with all these things to do and get done. I think I will take Kona down to dog beach tonight and let her go for a swim. Nothing sounds better than getting out of the house and avoiding the whole horrid situation!

No comments: