Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lost Swamp Hike











Last weekend was a lot of fun.





On Saturday I went to A's house to plan our 4th of July trip to Banff. I am so excited, can't wait.

On Sunday I decided to go for a hike at Lost Lake and Mineral Pt. On the way up there I saw a brand new baby fawn, such a cutie. I fear that it may not be the best example of "survival of the fittest" since it was meandering down the middle of the road.

Both hikes were lovely, but the mosquitoes were vicious at Lost Lake. It is not surprising that the mosquitoes were bad because Lost Lake is more like a swamp. The wild flowers were in full bloom and were quite picturesque
Mineral Pt. was a lot of fun. The trail has great views of the lake and dumps you out at a campground on the shore. Kona went swimming for real for the first time and I was such a proud puppy parent. She couldn't get enough and of course was so cute while she was swimming.

On the way home I got stuck behind a car that was parked right in the middle of the road. I couldn't go right or left to pass the car. I had my windows rolled down because it was stinking hot, and so did the couple in the car in front of me. Apparently they were having a really good time...let's just say that girl has a set of lungs on her. So...what do you do? I waited until I didn't hear the girl anymore and then gave a friendly beep beep. After all, a little frolicking in the woods is something we all enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Concentrate to the things that could give information to the people.