Monday, February 19, 2007

I Don't Want to Live in a Dump

I have started my hunt to find a house to buy, and let me tell you the pickin's are very slim up here. This weekend I drove all over with my parents and scoped out neighborhoods. We also met with my realtor and walked through one house. Below is my best summary of the house that we looked at:

YUCK!

Soooo disappointing. I know I just have to be patient and hopefully something will come on the market. Right?

In my dreams, I would just build a cute little starter home. That way I would know for sure that there isn't a boogie man under the floorboards. Most of the places up here in my price range have been rentals for some time, and it shows. I am going to talk to my financial guy about the possibility of building, but I am not very hopeful. Usually, you need a down payment to build a house. I find it curious that our system is set up so that they rather us buy pieces of crap than build nice new houses.

(Sigh..)

No comments: