Monday, February 5, 2007

Sick Kitty


On Saturday my cat, Sadie, got sick. It started with her throwing up and then I noticed she couldn't go to the bathroom. I haven't taken her to the vet here yet, so I just had to pick a place. I called at 10:30 and they got me in at 2:15. I walk in and the place is pretty dirty. There had just been an emergency with another pet and it didn't make it, so that family was crying on one side of the reception area. I take Sadie back into the exam room and she is so scared. I can barely get her out of her cage. The vet tech comes in and takes her vitals. She is one very unhappy kitty. (Imagine being constipated and having your temperature taken you know where). We take her out into another room and they take an x-ray. Sadie is now clinging to me for dear life and her breathing is out of control.

The vet comes in to exam her and show me the x-ray. Yep, definitely plugged up. He doesn't introduce himself, and he leaves the door wide open. The house cat comes striding in. Ummm.....my cat doesn't like other cats! I ask the vet to remove that cat (named Cee Cee). OMG!!! Whimpers and barks are coming through the open door. Is this guy and idiot? My cat is used to a nice quite subdued home. Then the vet delivers the final blow, Sadie will have to spend the night so that she can get repeated enemas. Yikes. All night I tossed and turned thinking of my poor little kitty in that awful, loud, dirty place. I am a bad kitty mommy.

The next day I went skiing and mom picked Sadie up from the vets for me. She didn't think it was so bad. Maybe I am a little sensitive. My vet in California was amazing and was definitely a cat lover. Hopefully Sadie will be okay, she is now on diet food. I will go home at lunch to check on her. And....I will be searching for a new vet.

Note: Picture is of Sadie on a happier day!

No comments: