Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Cat's Diet is Driving Me Crazy

When my cat recently got sick the vet suggested that I needed to put her on a prescription diet food. So, being the good cat mommy that I am, I did so. Well....the diet must be working because my cat is definitely more energetic. In fact, she chooses to be energetic at 5:00 in the morning. Please note that I don't have to be up for work until 6:30. Her latest shenanigans include walking across my headboard, rubbing on my lamp, meowing from down the hall, and getting tangled in the cords of my alarm and lamp. Oh...and she likes to walk on my alarm clock.

In an attempt to regain order in my household I now sleep next to the squirt bottle. This way, when the morning ritual begins it is easily at hand. My reprimand routine goes something like this:
"Sadie, no..(shake water bottle menacingly)..." Then she looks at me and does the bad behavior again. At this point I think she is thinking "now I have her attention. Wake up and play food provider". Then I respond "Sadie NO (squirt), No (squirt), No (squirt)". Then she moves on to the next annoying behavior and we start the cycle all over again. This pattern goes on until it is time to get up.

She also wants me to get up and turn on the faucet so that she can have a fresh drink of water. (Apparently the water I just squirted on her isn't enough). This in turn means that I have to get up again to turn off the water when she is done. To all my psychology friends out there.....I acknowledge that I been trained by my cat.

Tonight I am going to run her in circles before I go to bed. Hopefully she will sleep in tomorrow (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O Sara! Maybe you should get a dog instead. Sadie is TOO much work! But you know you love her ... furry little thing! -Amanda