Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bigger Connection

Today I had to write one of those emails. The "there are no sparks", "let's just be friends", "there isn't that bigger connection" kind of email. Usually I am on the receiving end of these emails, so it was strange writing one to someone else. After going out with this guy 2 times, I realized two things; 1) I already have found that person that I want to "connect" with at this particular time, 2) I need a break from this whole crazy dating thing.

Even though I know C is not ready for any kind of a commitment and is not in a good place right now, he is still the one that I want to hang out with. The whole time I was out with this other guy I kept thinking "I wish I was doing this with C". I can't change how I feel. So...what's a girl to do? I think I will just chill out and hang out casually with C. Even no commitment, hanging out as "friends" with C is better than faking it with any other guy.

I fear that I will one day get the "bigger connection" email from C. Has this maverick truly ruined all other men for me? I guess time will tell.

No comments: