Friday, January 5, 2007

Get out the shovel...again...


It is official, a winter storm warning is in effect. Obviously it is a winter storm warning, what other type of warning would it be this time of year? It couldn't exactly be a summer storm warning now could it?


I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. I hope to go up skiing, drink cocoa with homemade Kahlua (thank you A), start my sewing projects, attend a martini party, and....shovel snow, snow and more snow.


Shoveling snow in my neighborhood makes me think about my station in life. When I am up at six in the morning shoveling my driveway, I breathe in the crisp morning air and look around at all the husbands that are also shoveling snow. I envision their wives snuggled warmly in their beds, their duvets pulled tightly under their chins. And then...here I am...push, scoop, throw, push, scoop heave ho! Where did I go wrong? I try to tell myself it is good exercise, and that it is beautiful; I am not easy to convince. There is some good that comes from shoveling your own snow...new snow boots.


I finally found a pair of snow boots that are cute and actually sturdy enough for North Idaho. This means they are waterproof, warm, and have good tread. Supposedly, my new boots can keep my feet warm in -25 degree weather. I don't plan on actually finding out if this is true or not. But, it is good to know that I am prepared should the need arise.

No comments: