Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My New Hairdresser

Finding a new hair stylist is always a challenge. One time I had a lady get my hair caught in the hair dryer motor. Another time this guy made my hair so big that my nephew cried when he saw me (scary aunt). This time, the experience was anything but traumatic.

On the recommendation of my friend (work A, thank you!) I went to this little place in town. You will love her, A raved, she is so funny and easy to talk to. Boy was she right, and this lady knows her stuff.

First off she actually looked at my hair. Imagine that. She noticed things and asked me questions. She notice the streak at the back of my neck that is platnum blonde and doesn't curl. She noticed that my curls are tighter around my face. Definitely a good sign. Then she deep conditioned my hair and gave me a great cut. And for the grand finale...she straightened my hair. I have never had it so straight. I love it, it looks smooth and shiny. Now I lust after a good straight iron!

The best part was the conversation. This lady was a hoot. She told me how she makes art out of animal bones and fake fingernails, how her husband drove an axe into his leg and they band-aided it closed, how she uses duct tape to keep herself from biting her fingernails, and how she had to use Christmas lights as an extention cord for her weed wacker in the middle of summer. She loves to hunt and fish, and is self admitted redneck. I felt comfortable around her immediately.

I can't wait for my next haircut!

No comments: